Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Up to Me

They can teach me things, but they cannot make me learn.
They can give me directions, but they cannot always be there to lead me.
They can allow me freedom, but they cannot account for it.
They can teach me right from wrong, but they cannot decide for me.
They can give me love, but they cannot force it upon me.
They can teach me to share, but they cannot make me unselfish.
They can teach me respect, but they cannot force me to show honor.
They can advise me about friends, but they cannot choose them for me.
They can teach me about the facts of life, but they cannot decide for me.
They can tell me about drinking, but they cannot say “no” for me.
They can warn me about drugs, but they cannot prevent me from using them.
They can teach me about goals and dreams, but they cannot achieve them for me.
They can teach me kindness, but they cannot force me to be kind.
They can warn me about sin, but they cannot make my morals.
They can pray for me and my future, but they cannot make me walk with God.
They can tell me how to live, but they cannot give me eternal life.

"THEY" are my loved ones. it's all depends on me. I get to decide what I want to do with my life..it's all up to me.

No comments: